Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
November 23, 2013
Postgame notes, stats
Notes and quotes on Texas A&M's 34-10 loss to LSU from Texas A&M's Sports Information Department:
ABOUT THE GAME...
• The Aggies fall to 8-3 overall and 4-3 against the SEC.
• It was the first loss for the Aggies away from Kyle Field since Nov. 12, 2011 (53-50 OT loss to Kansas State in Manhattan, Kan.).
• The loss broke a 10-game road winning streak, which tied the longest streak in school history (1939-40).
• The loss broke a two-game winning streak over the Tigers in Baton Rouge, La.
• It was the Tigers' third-straight win in the series, and LSU now has a 29-20-3 lead in the overall series.
• Senior WR Derel Walker had five catches for 109 yards and a touchdowns, which was his career-high for receiving yards in a game. His previous best was 81 yards against Arkansas in game 5 of 2013. He finished with a game-high 130 yards on six catches.
• The Aggies were held scoreless on their first two offensive series for the first time since the SMU game on Sept. 15, 2012, which is a span of 21 games. The Aggies were held scoreless in the entire first quarter for the first time since that same SMU game.
• It was just the second time in 24 games under head coach Kevin Sumlin that the Aggies did not score first.
• The Aggies surpassed the 6,000 yard plateau for the fourth time in school history. The Aggies surpassed the 500-point level for the season for the third time in school history. A&M eclipsed the 4,000-yard level in passing yards for the second time in school history.
• It was the first double-digit loss of the Kevin Sumlin era at Texas A&M. The 24-point margin of defeat was the largest margin of defeat since falling to Oklahoma 65-10 in 2009.
• It was the first time the Aggies failed to score 20 points since last year's LSU game (24-19 loss). LSU is the only team to hold Sumlin's Aggies under 20 points in a game. It was A&M's lowest point output since the Aggies' 9-6 win over Nebraska in 2010.
• It was the first time since last year's Alabama game that the Aggies failed to score 40 points, breaking a streak of 13 straight games with 40. It was the longest streak in FBS.
• Sophomore QB Johnny Manziel generated 278 total yards with 224 passing yards and a team-high 54 rushing yards. It was the first time he didn't generate 300 total yards in a start since the third game of his career, a span of 19 straight games (252 yards vs. South Carolina State on Sept. 22, 2012).
• Manziel surpassed 4,000 total yards for the season, becoming the first Aggie to do it twice.
• The Aggies gained a season-low 299 yards, which broke a nine-game streak of 500-yard games (was longest in FBS) and 22 straight games with 400 or more yards (second-longest in FBS). It was the first time A&M failed to break the 300 total yards level in a game since Nov. 14, 2009 when the Aggies gained 226 vs. Oklahoma.
12th MAN, POLO, CAPTAINS, COIN TOSS
• For the 11th straight game, sophomore defensive back SAM MOELLER was the 12th Man.
• Wearing the #90 jersey in memory of fallen teammate POLO MANUKAINIU was sophomore ALONZO WILLIAMS (normally wears #83). Manukainiu died in a tragic car accident last summer.
• The Aggies' team captains at the coin toss were senior captains TONEY HURD JR., BEN MALENA and JAKE MATTHEWS. Texas A&M won the toss and elected to receive.
AGGIES WEAR ALL-GRAYS
• The Texas A&M football team were outfitted in a special alternate uniform combination for the nationally-televised game against LSU in Tiger Stadium.
• Specially designed for the Aggies by adidas, the uniform jersey and pants are a dark gray color specifically called Dark Onyx. The Riddell helmet was enhanced by Hydro Graphics Inc. and was primarily maroon fading to black trim. The helmet featured the popular Lone Star logo that combines the outline of the state of Texas with the traditional Texas A&M logo
• The jersey and pant used adidas' Shockweb technology, and the Shockwave pattern used on the jersey carried over to the helmet. The uniform had a coordinating base layer component, and the Aggies were be wearing special adidas Quickframe cleats.
• It's the first time during the modern era of Texas A&M football that the Aggies have won an all-gray uniform, although the team has occasionally worn gray pants.
Johnny Manziel: 16-41, 224 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT; 12 carries, 54 yards
Trey Williams: 3 carries, 13 yards
Ben Malena: 3 carries, 11 yards
Derel Walker: 6 catches, 130 yards, 1 TD
Mike Evans: 4 catches, 51 yards
Travis Labhart: 4 catches, 27 yards
Deshazor Everett: 12 tackles, 6 solo
Darian Claiborne: 10 tackles
Floyd Raven: 9 tackles, 4 solo
Ivan Robinson: 9 tackles
Zach Mettenberger: 11-20, 193 yards, 2 TD
Terrence McGee: 17 carries, 149 yards, 1 TD
Jeremy Hill: 14 carries, 76 yards
Alfred Blue: 13 carries, 61 yards
Odell Beckham: 5 catches, 50 yards
Jarvis Landry: 4 catches, 87 yards, 2 TDs
Texas A&M NEWS