Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
October 19, 2013
* "We've still got a lot of football left to play and this will determine what we are as a team."
* On the running defense: "We didn't do enough, I can tell you that."
* "This hurts as much as Alabama hurt, if that's what you want me to say."
* "We were very confident before that last drive...and they went right down the field and scored on us."
* "We knew what we were facing in Nick Marshall. We knew he's a great athlete and we couldn't contain him."
* "They were picking on a player here and there and making great play calls."
* "We have to go up. This has to show us that we have to work harder so we never feel like this again."
* "They made plays at the end and we didn't."
* "We made some adjustments at half time and played pretty well in the third quarter, but we had some breakdowns down the stretch."
* "They got to the perimeter a few times for big plays, but some of the zone principles inside, they were getting 4 or 5 at a clip. They weren't breaking big runs, but we couldn't get off the field."
* "Every week, I talk about third downs and turnover ratio. We didn't win either one tonight."
* "What's important now is not what just happened ... we've got to be honest with ourselves, win or lose, and basically this time of year, teams go in a couple different directions. We need to get back in here Monday, be honest with ourselves and fix what we're going to fix as coaches and move on."
* "There's a lot of things that can happen in this league. We can't dwell on this, but we've also got to look honestly at where we are and how we're going to approach things from here on out."
* "I don't know how to measure pain; He just came to me and said he was ready to go." (On Manziel)
* "We had a breakdown in protection a couple of times, and that's not (Manziel's) fault."
* "I'm not here whether or not it was (a horsecollar). Obviously, I thought he pulled him straight down. Things happen real fast out there, and anything close like that ... you want to protect your guy."
* "Mike--what can you say? I said after the first game that he was one of the best players in the country and I think people are beginning to realize that."
"(Evans) plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's one of the guys that doesn't say much in practice, doesn't say much around everybody, but he speaks with his play. Anyone who pours as much into it as he does, I can see how he'd be upset."
* "We know where we are right now (on defense). Obviously, we're recruiting extremely hard. When we signed 32 guys in the offseason, there was a reason for that. About a third of our team is brand new. When you have 85 scholarships and 31 new guys, there's some growing pains. We've forced some guys on the field who probably aren't ready. If you look at where we are in our recruiting efforts, you see what we're doing. But you have what you have."
* "I've got to go back and watch the video, but when you've got young guys out there, it's harder to make changes, to communicate adjustments."
* "They played better on offense than we did on defense."
* "They put their big boy pads on in the fourth quarter...I thought we had things humming (in the 3rd quarter), then when they had to move the chains, they did. Good defenses don't allow that to happen. When you put up 41 points, you should win."
* On playing young defenders: "Unfortunately, that's where we are right now."
* On missing the veterans: "There's no question (we do), but that's why we're here. That's why we wear the C."
* "They took the clock from us and we couldn't get off the field."
* "They took the game and the clock from our offense and that will be scrutinized by me and my staff."
* "The bottom line was the bottom line: they put on their big boy pads and knocked us off the line. Period."
* "They looked like they were rolling a lot of people (in and out on defense). We'll get there, I promise you."
* "I thought they were (confident) on the last drive. Thought it was the same as last week. Then a couple things here or there happened and we couldn't slow it down."
Texas A&M NEWS